February 11, 2004
On my desktop computer(s) I have lists of people and diaries managed by various pieces of software. Yet in none of them can I specify someone's birthday in my contact list and have it appear in my diary.
That I know of. I'd also like to stress that I use quite a few;
- Windows - Outlook
- Macintosh - iCal and Address Book
- Gnome - although I don't have Entourage, just good old Mozilla
How hard can it be?
Posted by Andy Todd at February 11, 2004 09:59 AM
Have you considered a Filofax? ;-)
Then when I buy a new diary for the year I still have to update all of the birthdays/anniversaries by hand.
- you can synchronize your iCal Calendars and Address Book to your Palm using iSync (I'm doing it just fine);
- you can publish iCal Calendars or subscribe to calendars on a WebDAV server (I'm doing it just fine);
- you can also configure the MacOS X Address Book, Outlook, Mozilla Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird to share and do address lookups on a LDAP server...
I'm with you 100% here. LDAP for *most* home users is not an option. Who's going to go through the agony of setting up LDAP for birthdays?