What's new in this release? The most important changes are fixes to a number of issues identified by users of SQLPython. Gerald was appearing to take a long time to collect large schemas but was actually failing silently. I added test cases to show the problem and then fixed the code. This shouldn't happen any more.
I applied a couple of patches supplied by Catherine Devlin to cope with columns without defined lengths and to not get DBA objects in Oracle schemas.
I slipped in some new features as well; I implemented the
compare methods on the
CodeObject class, and Gerald now supports views in MySQL (as long as you are running 5.1 or above).
Finally, I changed the project documentation to use Sphinx.
If you find any problems or want to contribute any code just send me an email.